The following products are subject to recall:
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Lemon Grilled Chicken"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Meatballs"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Meatballs and Sauce"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Swedish Meatballs"
- 5-pound containers of "Sausage and Peppers"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Chicken Salad"
- 5-pound containers of "Grilled Chicken"
- 5-pound containers of "Grilled Chicken, Plain"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Breaded Chicken"
- 6-pound containers of "Stuffed Cabbage"
- 5-pound containers "Teriyaki Grilled Chicken"
- 5-pound containers "Chopped Chicken Liver"
The implicated products were produced between March 11, 2010, and Oct. 29, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments in New York. Labeling information on these products is currently unknown, unless otherwise noted above. The products subject to this recall may or may not bear the N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc. label with the establishment number "P-34440" or "Est. 34440" inside the USDA mark of inspection. A retail distribution list(s) is available on the FSIS' website at www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS_Recalls/
These products were the subject of a public health alert issued on Oct. 30, 2010. After a continued investigation by FSIS, the products are now being recalled by the firm. FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a physician.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumer and media questions regarding the recall should be directed to the company Vice President Lenny Spada at (718) 765-0082.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.